Course: English I
Instructor: A. Jones
Conference: 2nd period
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -Benjamin Franklin
Supplies: *3 ring binder (just for English) 1 ½ inch
*5 tab package of dividers
*Notebook paper, college preferred
*Blue or Black pens/ Colored pens for annotating
*Sticky notes to mark novels and stories
Grading: *45% Tests
*20% Learning activities/Daily work
Late work is allowed after one day with a 20 point deduction. Late work after 3 days will be accepted for the highest grade of a 70% (with exception of extenuating circumstances). Extra credit will be offered for enrichment presentations and writings that excel classroom learning.
- Participate maturely in classroom discussions and activities.
- Preparation is the key to success.
- Push yourself to THINK and believe in yourself.
- Praise and respect each other and your teacher.
- Phones and other electronic devices are to be stored out of sight unless otherwise instructed.
Parent email ____________________________________